Stock futures are flat ahead of Thursday’s open on the first day of December. Oil prices vaulted 9% on Wednesday after OPEC cut production for the first time in 8 years. The always fun (and fake) jobs report will be released on Friday.
Gary’s Thoughts: Futures flat but jello moving all over the plate. Oil prices up another couple percent in pre-market. Oil stocks continue on yesterday’s breakout. In the past, these breakouts failed. Not sure they fail this time.
- Chain Store Sales
- Challenger Job-Cut Report 7:30 AM ET
- Jobless Claims 8:30 AM ET
- Gallup Good Jobs Rate 8:30 AM ET
- Loretta Mester Speaks 8:30 AM ET
- Robert Kaplan Speaks 9:00 AM ET
- PMI Manufacturing Index 9:45 AM ET
- Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index 9:45 AM ET
- ISM Mfg Index 10:00 AM ET
- Construction Spending 10:00 AM ET
- EIA Natural Gas Report 10:30 AM ET
- Fed Balance Sheet 4:30 PM ET
- Money Supply 4:30 PM ET
- After OPEC- Analysts Believe Big Oil Earnings Will Double in 2017
Gary’s Thoughts: A bet on higher prices. Genius!
- GoPro Cuts Jobs and Refocuses, but Faces Growing Competition
Gary’s Thoughts: Gopro…we were wriied from day one. Too much comp!