Stock futures are higher ahead of Wednesday’s open as oil prices surged 7% ahead of the OPEC decision later today. Looking forward, the highlights for the rest of the week are: OPEC’s meeting, the End of Month, and the always fun (and fake) jobs report on Friday.
Gary’s Thoughts: S&P futures up a wee bit. Nasdaq flat. The big story is OIL…after getting hit past 3 days because of non-action by OPEC, we wake up to supposedly, a deal in hand. Thus oil back up what it lost past 3 days…about 7%. Wild action for oils recently.
- MBA Mortgage Applications 7:00 AM ET
- Robert Kaplan Speaks 8:00 AM ET
- ADP Employment Report 8:15 AM ET
- Personal Income and Outlays 8:30 AM ET
- Jerome Powell Speaks 9:15 AM ET
- Chicago PMI 9:45 AM ET
- Pending Home Sales Index 10:00 AM ET
- EIA Petroleum Status Report 10:30 AM ET
- Jerome Powell Speaks 11:45 AM ET
- Loretta Mester Speaks 12:35 PM ET
- Beige Book 2:00 PM ET
- Farm Prices 3:00 PM ET
- OPEC Finally Meets Today? Oil has been trading between $40-50 for the past few months in anticipation of today’s meeting
Gary’s Thoughts: As said, right back up. We’ll see if it holds.
- Get ready for Cyber…Wednesday? The deals keep coming, and shoppers aren’t tired, analysts say
Gary’s Thoughts: Cyber Thursday, Friday, Saturday…