Stock Market Overview:
U.S. stock futures are down on the last trading day of the month, quarter and year. The market is open all day today and will be closed on Friday for New Years.
Gary’s Thoughts: Why is market open all day today? Not a thrilling close to not a thrilling year. We will have a lot more for you over the weekend.
- Jobless Claims 8:30 AM ET
- Chicago PMI 9:45 AM ET
- Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index 9:45 AM ET
- EIA Natural Gas Report 10:30 AM ET
- Baker-Hughes Rig Count t1:00 PM ET
- Fed Balance Sheet 4:30 PM ET
- Money Supply 4:30 PM ET
Highlights Of The Day:
- Puerto Rico to Default on Portion of $1B debt load on Jan 1
Gary’s Thoughts: Expected. They cannot ever pay off how much debt they have.
- Biggest Year Ever For Hollywood- North American Box-Office Revenue Hits Record $11 Billion
Gary’s Thoughts: May the force be with you. Keep in mind, prices keep going up for movies.
- Most major asset classes were down in 2015…We’ll see what happens in 2016
Gary’s Thoughts: We hope you were not long commodities in the past year.