We were sent the following study on smart phones. We disagree. We think it is much worse. Have you been in an elevator recently? Almost everyone is looking down at their phones or texting. Just check out the drivers on your highways. We have actually taken the time to check out other cars. We cannot begin to tell you how many are looking at their phones. Your kids? Their phone should just be attached to their body. Here you go!
1. The average smartphone user checks his or her phone 35 times a day.
2. Common Sense media just released a new survey that found that 50 percent of American teens admit that they “feel addicted” to their smartphones.
3. Close to 70 percent of parents and teens say that they have argued about smartphone usage.
4. 77 percent of parents say that “their teenagers were sometimes distracted by their phones or tablets during time spent together with family”.
5. Even though it is illegal in almost every state, 56 percent of parents confess that they check their mobile devices while driving.
6. 51 percent of teens admit that they have seen their parents check their smartphones while driving.
7. A different survey found that 75 percent of all smartphone users admit that they have texted while driving at least once.
8. 70 percent of smartphone users check their phones “within an hour of getting up”.
9. 56 percent of smartphone users check their phones “within an hour of going to sleep”.
10. 61 percent of smartphone users admit that “they regularly sleep with their cell or smartphone turned on under their pillow or next to their bed”.
11. 48 percent of smartphone users check their devices over the weekend.
12. 51 percent of smartphone users check their devices continuously during their vacations.
13. 44 percent of smartphone users admit that they would experience “a great deal of anxiety” if the phone went missing and they were unable to replace it for a week.
14. One survey discovered that the average cell phone user is on the device for 3 hours and 8 minutes a day.
15. A different survey found that the average cell phone user actually spends 3.6 hours a day using it.