Stock futures are quiet ahead of Thursday’s open as global markets digest this week’s action. The jobs report will be released before Friday’s open and then we enter earnings season.
Gary’s Thoughts: Flat as flat open can be…but we are back to a couple of indices nearer to highs and we must say, the market is stronger than the last time we were here. (pre brexit) There remains a ton of problems. Debt, deficits, European banks and that’s just the start. We urge you to pay attention to price as that is all that matters. The market will eventually decide when all the negatives matter. Leave no doubt, the fed stands pat and others ease more…and that has buffered markets for a loooooong time.
We are asked every month about our feelings on the next job’s number. We never answer because we do not know and are not privy but if form holds true, we get a good number tomorrow after a bad number last month. Yippee!
- Chain Store Sales
- Challenger Job-Cut Report 7:30 AM ET
- ADP Employment Report 8:15 AM ET
- Jobless Claims 8:30 AM ET
- Gallup Good Jobs Rate 8:30 AM ET
- Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index 9:45 AM ET
- EIA Natural Gas Report 10:30 AM ET
- EIA Petroleum Status Report 11:00 AM ET
- Fed Balance Sheet 4:30 PM ET
- Money Supply 4:30 PM ET
- Fed Officials Held Rates in June as Job Slump Raised Uncertainty
Gary’s Thoughts: Blah blah.
- Ryan Calls for Barring Clinton From Classified Briefings
Gary’s Thoughts: You know our stance.